March 5, 2016
SAMA attended the second FILCOM meeting for the year. SAMA was represented by Shaun (VP-Ext), Joy (ImmPast-Pres now Special Projects Chairman), and Edwin (Pres). The usual kapehan sa umaga was done before the meeting proper.
Here are a few important updates for us residing in Singapore.
Overseas Absentee Voting (OAV) 2016
- The main information update is for the upcoming Overseas Absentee Voting (OAV). You can check in the link Certified List of Overseas Voters (upd.2016) if you are eligible to vote at The Philippine Embassy in Singapore.
- Another option is if you want to receive your ballot via post. Kindly refer to the link OAV via Post for more information. Deadline for this request is by April 22, 2016.
- You can visit the Philippine Embassy website at www.philippine-embassy.org.sg.
Philippine Embassy Major Undertaking in 2016
- PIDC 2016 – Philippine Independence Day Celebration 2016 will be held on June 12, 2016. SAMA has again volunteered as in-charge for Logistics. A separate meeting with the PIDC committee was held after the FILCOM meeting to discuss any updates or changes to the plans.
- PHL Art Trek 2016 and Sentro Rizal do not have much details at the moment. You can get more information from the Philippine Embassy website posted above.
SAMA Featured in Star Studio Magazine
An article was published in the February 2016 issue of the monthly magazine, Star Studio, showcasing what SAMA is all about. It was well written by Ms. Christine M. Chan. We grabbed a few copies during the meet and we’ll distribute them to interested SAMA members during the next weekly bowling games. Available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
After the meeting, a generous lunch was provided by the embassy. Each rice box had a hefty serving of rice with a combination of either beef tapa or caldereta partnered with chicken adobo. There was also chicken arrozcaldo on the side in addition to the rice packets.