#mitsamasg (late post: 2017.05.20)
The Philippine Embassy hosted the 3rd Filipino Community (FilCom) Meeting on 20th of May 2017 with the usual sponsored Kapihan sa Embassy and the Lunch packs. Here are some of the updates in brief:
- Our Philippine passport is being reviewed by the government to change its validity from the current 5 years to 10 years. It will be valid for those 18 years old and above while below that, it will remain as 5 years valid.
- Registration for the Overseas Absentee Voting is on-going in the Embassy. They have also started accepting applicants during the FilCom meeting and the PAOS events.
- Singapore is the Philippine’s 5th global trading partner, whereas in ASEAN, it is its 1st trading partner.
- The DTI provides assistance to Filipino entrepreneurs in the Philippines thru its various Negosyo Centers located in every region.
- Updates from ATN (Assistance to Nationals)
- High occurrence of theft cases and outrage of modesty cases
- False declaration in the embarkation forms as well as falsification of documents
- Be aware of people who might be suffering from mental health due to stress, etc.
- OFW Bank and ID still under review.
- OEC issuance for direct hired Filipinos in SG is again allowed. Direct hiring is also allowed as long as the company is only hiring up to 5 new employees otherwise they have to go through an agency.
- OWWA Update:
- NRCO benefit or livelihood starter kit from Php20k can be requested upon application at the nearest regional OWWA office.
- Scholarship program EDSP is now increased to 1000 qualified scholars with up to Php60k financial assistance per student per year.
- SSS Update:
- 2017 is the 60th anniversary of SSS
- Consider the SSS flexi fund program for additional returns
- Capture of UMID picture is done only from Mon-Weds and Sat-Sun.
- The PIDC committee is inviting everyone to attend the event on 18th June from 0900-1830h at the SCAPE #2 Orchard Link 237978
- Theme: (SG) Ikaw@Ako, Tungo sa Tunay na Pagbabago.
- Theme: (PH) Pagbabagong Sama-Sama Balikatin
- Like and share their FB page: Pagdiriwang 2017