Hello SAMA Members and Mapua Alumni in Singapore!
We would like to invite you to the SAMA Annual General Meeting on the 4th of November 2017, from 1:00pm to 5:00pm at the AIA Alexandra Building, 371 Alexandra Road, 159963 Singapore. Please refer to the map below.
The agenda includes the following:
- Summary of Activities
- Membership Status
- Election of Officers (2018-2019)
- Other end of year (EOY) events
For inquiries, you may contact us below or through our Facebook page chat. We hope to see you there!
#mitsamasg / post AGM updates
Last 13th November, we had our Annual General Meeting for SAMA and Mapua Alumni in Singapore. It was held in one of the rooms in AIA Alexandra. Our members started arriving around 2:30pm and the meeting started by sharing and eating the potluck food by the execomm.
After the filling snack, the meeting was called to order. We started with a prayer led by Ms. Vhines, our Int. VP. Then Mr. Edwin, our President, started the presentation with a welcome remarks. We had a couple of new faces from the local organization of PSME and some of our SAMA members who joined in the meeting.
The meeting then proceeded with a report by the Membership Committee Chairman, Ms. Bang, who showed the status of the SAMA membership with comparison to the membership numbers in the past years.
The financial report was then presented by Mr. Edwin due to the none availability of our Treasurer, Mr. Philip, due to work. It was highlighted in the report that SAMA does not collect money from her members to spend for the different seminars and training conducted in 2016.
The President continued with the report by presenting the various activities arranged by the group for all it’s members since the start of the year. There were various completed events in badminton, basketball, and bowling. There were also many events by the FilCom where SAMA took an active part of.
The report concluded at about 5:30pm. It was closed with a short speech by Mr. Shaun, our Ext. VP.
To our dear members, we hope to see more of you next year. Rest assured that our Executive Committee will come up with more activities and events where you can mingle, network and collaborate with fellow Mapuans in Singapore. Keep in touch.
#mitsamasg > The Association of Mapua Alumni (Singapore) – SAMA – cordially invites all SAMA Members and Mapua Alumni in Singapore to come and join us in our Annual General Meeting. It will also be an opportunity to meet the alumni, network and get in touch with each other.
Date: 13 November 2016 (Sunday)
Venue: DILIGENCE Room, 3rd Floor, AIA Alexandra building
Registration starts from 2:00pm
Event will be until 6:00pm
Snacks and refreshments will be served.
Nearby bus stops:
1) bus stop no. 11511 (Alexandra Hospital stop) – buses: 14, 33, 51, 61, 93, 100, 120, 195, 197
2) bus stop no. 11519 (Opp. Queesnway Shopping Center) – buses: 14, 33, 51, 61, 93, 100, 120, 195, 197
From MRT stations:
1) Queenstown MRT – MRT side take bus 51 / 195 (3 stops) and alight opposite Queensway Shopping Center. Walk about 250m further at the same direction from bus stop to reach the place.
2) Labrador Park MRT – Walk about 250m to bus stop in front of ARC building along Alexandra Road. Take bus 51 / 93 / 120 (3 stops) and alight in front of Alexandra Hospital. AIA building is at the opposite side. Take the pedestrian overpass and walk about 150m to reach the place.
You may contact us should you need further assistance and clarification. Thank you and we hope to see you there.
2016.11.12 Addendum: Meeting venue is changed to Diligence Room. <admin>