Hello SAMA Members and Mapua Alumni in Singapore!
We would like to invite you to the SAMA Annual General Meeting on the 4th of November 2017, from 1:00pm to 5:00pm at the AIA Alexandra Building, 371 Alexandra Road, 159963 Singapore. Please refer to the map below.
The agenda includes the following:
- Summary of Activities
- Membership Status
- Election of Officers (2018-2019)
- Other end of year (EOY) events
For inquiries, you may contact us below or through our Facebook page chat. We hope to see you there!
#mitsamasg (late post: 2017.05.20)
The Philippine Embassy hosted the 3rd Filipino Community (FilCom) Meeting on 20th of May 2017 with the usual sponsored Kapihan sa Embassy and the Lunch packs. Here are some of the updates in brief:
- Our Philippine passport is being reviewed by the government to change its validity from the current 5 years to 10 years. It will be valid for those 18 years old and above while below that, it will remain as 5 years valid.
- Registration for the Overseas Absentee Voting is on-going in the Embassy. They have also started accepting applicants during the FilCom meeting and the PAOS events.
- Singapore is the Philippine’s 5th global trading partner, whereas in ASEAN, it is its 1st trading partner.
- The DTI provides assistance to Filipino entrepreneurs in the Philippines thru its various Negosyo Centers located in every region.
- Updates from ATN (Assistance to Nationals)
- High occurrence of theft cases and outrage of modesty cases
- False declaration in the embarkation forms as well as falsification of documents
- Be aware of people who might be suffering from mental health due to stress, etc.
- OFW Bank and ID still under review.
- OEC issuance for direct hired Filipinos in SG is again allowed. Direct hiring is also allowed as long as the company is only hiring up to 5 new employees otherwise they have to go through an agency.
- OWWA Update:
- NRCO benefit or livelihood starter kit from Php20k can be requested upon application at the nearest regional OWWA office.
- Scholarship program EDSP is now increased to 1000 qualified scholars with up to Php60k financial assistance per student per year.
- SSS Update:
- 2017 is the 60th anniversary of SSS
- Consider the SSS flexi fund program for additional returns
- Capture of UMID picture is done only from Mon-Weds and Sat-Sun.
- The PIDC committee is inviting everyone to attend the event on 18th June from 0900-1830h at the SCAPE #2 Orchard Link 237978
- Theme: (SG) Ikaw@Ako, Tungo sa Tunay na Pagbabago.
- Theme: (PH) Pagbabagong Sama-Sama Balikatin
- Like and share their FB page: Pagdiriwang 2017
2017.02.23 #mitsamasg #samasgbowling
Bowling season is here once again! Last night we kicked off the 12th season of the SAMA Bowling Tournament (SBT) with a team captains’ meeting at SAFRA Toa Payoh. It was attended by all the captains, and some with co-captains, except for one team who didn’t have any representative available. Not to worry as all updates and information will be shared to the internal chat group.
We have eight teams again this year. They are UAP1, UAP2, ANGAS, BOWLILITS, PICE, PINNOYZ, STRIKE ANYWHERE, and TURK3XYZ.
We discussed about the rules and regulations for this season and agreed on the improvements suggested by some.
Games will commence on 2nd of March at SAFRA Toa Payoh from 8:00pm onwards. Refreshments will be served on the opening night.
If your are keen to play bowling and have fun, feel free to contact us through this site’s contact page or through our Facebook page.
We hope to see all of you in the event.