Today is the day we’ll (try to) hit the bullseye in our Darts 2.0 games. We have 14 players who registered online that will be paired up at the venue to vie for the championship. Besides the coveted cash prize, we will have a special price for the champion team. More details of that after the event.
Meanwhile, if you are a SAMA member, Mapúa alumni or a friend of SAMA, please join us at 5:00pm today at Forest 2 Darts.
See you there!
The balls, este, boys of the league… #wherearemyshades 🤣🤣🤣
#mitsamasg. Hunyo 12. Maligayang Araw ng Kasarinlan ng Pilipinas!
It was a bright and beautiful morning at the Philippine Embassy earlier today as they celebrated a simple flag raising ceremony to commemorate the Philippines’ 119th Independence Day. Mr. Shaun Acasio, our SAMA External Vice President, attended the event together with a handful of the Filipino community and friends in Singapore.
Consul Mersole Mellejor (left) with Mr. Shaun Acasio.
Con. Gen. Vic
Labor Attache Mon Pastrana
Maligayang Araw ng Kasarinlan! Mabuhay!
It’s a rare privilege to meet 3 Philippine world bowling champions here in Singapore during the 49th Singapore International Open 2017 bowling tournament.
Coach Biboy Rivera
Ms. Bong Coo
Coach Paeng Nepomuceno
Coach Jojo Canare
They’re all here to coach and support the Filipino contingent playing in the tournament from 27th May to 11th June.
Come on down this weeked to the Temasek Bowling Club at Rifle Range Road and cheer for the Philippine team!
2017.02.24 #mitsamasg #samasgdarts
Do you play the darts game? 301? 501? Singles? Doubles? Just throw and pray it hits your intended target? (Ok, the last part was more for me.)
If you’re an enthusiast or just want to have fun on a Saturday night, come join us in the SAMA 1st Darts Night on February 25.
The format is 501 blind doubles. Quick check on how to play darts here for reference. Take note, though, that we will follow the house rules during the game. In case you’re wondering, your partner will be determined at the venue.
Register now! Your first beer is on us! Cheers!
2017.02.23 #mitsamasg #samasgbowling
Bowling season is here once again! Last night we kicked off the 12th season of the SAMA Bowling Tournament (SBT) with a team captains’ meeting at SAFRA Toa Payoh. It was attended by all the captains, and some with co-captains, except for one team who didn’t have any representative available. Not to worry as all updates and information will be shared to the internal chat group.
We have eight teams again this year. They are UAP1, UAP2, ANGAS, BOWLILITS, PICE, PINNOYZ, STRIKE ANYWHERE, and TURK3XYZ.
We discussed about the rules and regulations for this season and agreed on the improvements suggested by some.
Games will commence on 2nd of March at SAFRA Toa Payoh from 8:00pm onwards. Refreshments will be served on the opening night.
If your are keen to play bowling and have fun, feel free to contact us through this site’s contact page or through our Facebook page.
We hope to see all of you in the event.
#mitsamasg / 2017.01.21
The Philippine Embassy in Singapore organized the first Filipino Community meeting at The Bayanihan Center this year because of the on-going renovation works at the embassy’s home at Nassim Road.
Here are some updates from the respective embassy departments…
From Consul Tony – regarding Philippine passport application/collection
- A new passport takes about 8 weeks delivery
- It arrives weekly, every Thursday, via DHL/similar courier
- You can check your passport availability via the embassy website (link)
- Since there were issues of delays in passport delivery, the embassy is offering free passport extension as of this meeting. It is provided to those who have an existing passport for renewal in process.
- E-appointments (link) per day maximum is about 210 but only 30%, on average, turn up. Still, everyone is encouraged to use the e-appointment and come on the date of your selected appointment also.
From Consul Gonar – regarding ASEAN
- The SG economy increased by about 2.8%
- Encourage entrepreneurship in the Philippines
From VC Lala – regarding ATN (Assistance to Nationals)
- There was a 4% increase in cases in 2016 compared to 2015
- Below are the common problems of an OFW that the ATN is taking care of
From Labor Attache Mon Pastrana – regarding POLO
- In Asia, SG has the highest remittances in 2016.
- The OEC exemption system has been fine tuned.
- Those dependent pass holders in SG who are given permission to work here are not exempted from OEC because only those registered under POLO are considered OFW.
- POLO will soon release the new salary range of the household worker in SG.
- POLO Welfare Officer Rosanna will end here tour of duty on 31st January 2017.
From Consul Mers
- The Philippines is the ASEAN chair this 2017
- It is also the 50th Anniversary of ASEAN. Logo and theme below.
The Philippine Embassy distributed the certificates to the organizations and individuals who have volunteered during President Duterte’s visit in Singapore last December. Our own SAMA certificates were received by Mr. Edwin on behalf of our volunteers.
Receiving Certificates from Amb. Morales on behalf of our SAMA volunteers for our volunteer work during President Duterte’s visit in Singapore last December 2016.
We also took the opportunity to invite the FilCom to participate in our SAMA activites as per the lineup presented by Mr. Edwin.
Here are other pictures during the event. Ms. Vhines and Ms. Rochelle were also present and took the traditional photo evidence of attendance.
Together with the PSME President
Together with Amb. Antonio Morales
- FDS – IBM 2017 will be held on June 25. SAMA will be joining this annual dragonboat event. If you are interested to join us, please contact Ms. Vhines thru email.
- PIDC 2017 – no theme set yet. Further details will be announced on the next FilCom meeting in March.
- Bayanihan Walk 2017 – tentative date in April. SAMA has always participated in this event by volunteering and taking up specific assignments to help the PBSS. Contact us if you would like to participate!
The meeting ended with a delicious packed lunch of chicken rice and drinks courtesy of the usual sponsors.