#mitsamasg — SAMA Family Day 2017
We would like to invite our SAMA members & family, our friends and other Mapua alumni in Singapore to take part in our annual family day on 19th August 2017. We will have a simple “palaro” themed activity in the morning at the Pasir Ris Park (near Car Park A). Bring your tsinelas, pambahay, shorts, and change of clothes for this fun-filled, action packed event.
Afterwards, in the afternoon, we will be swimming, bbq-ing and dining under the stars in Cherryloft Resorts. Room will be advised upon check-in tomorrow at around 3pm.
Google map location of Cherryloft Resorts –> map (GPS: 1.379532, 103.957896)
Morning “palaro” in Pasir Ris Park –> map (GPS: 1.380762, 103.959044)
Note: To use GPS coordinates above, key-in the values in the search prompt of Google maps in your phone to find the place. The nearest landmark is Cherryloft Resorts and Car Park A.
Food and drinks are all pot luck so feel free to share with us the good stuff.
We hope to see you there!
#mitsamasg. Hunyo 12. Maligayang Araw ng Kasarinlan ng Pilipinas!
It was a bright and beautiful morning at the Philippine Embassy earlier today as they celebrated a simple flag raising ceremony to commemorate the Philippines’ 119th Independence Day. Mr. Shaun Acasio, our SAMA External Vice President, attended the event together with a handful of the Filipino community and friends in Singapore.
Consul Mersole Mellejor (left) with Mr. Shaun Acasio.
Con. Gen. Vic
Labor Attache Mon Pastrana
Maligayang Araw ng Kasarinlan! Mabuhay!
#sgfilcom #mitsamasg Helping out PICE, one of the recognized FilCom groups in Singapore.
The Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers, Inc. (PICE) would like to invite you to the 6th International Technical Conference to be held in Singapore from 31st of August to the 1st of September, 2017. Details can be found in the flyer below.
You may email PICE directly at email@example.com for inquiries and/or registration. You may also visit their facebook page here.
#mitsamasg (event update) SAMA’s 1st Basketball Clinic for Kids in collaboration with Obi-1 and IT Hoopz in Singapore. The rest of the photos can be found in this link…
The Coaches with the kids…
#mitsamasg (post update)
We have concluded our 2nd Inter-School All-Mixed Doubles Badminton Tournament held on 21st May 2017 at the Singapore Badminton Hall. We had 20 schools represented in this event with a total of 62 teams or 124 badminton players vying for the top 4 positions in the Low, Mid, and Upper level categories.
Here are the results:
Champions – (UP) Glenn Geronimo & Denyll Parel
1st Runner Up – (UE) Philip Commendador & Ellen Habacon
2nd Runner Up – (LCUP) Jayver Domingo & Brenda Vistan
3rd Runner Up – (UP) Darius Sadioa & Emmie Dacles
Champions – (Mapua) Dax Roque & When Dichoso
1st Runner Up – (Mapua) Emman Quimson & Annalyn Domaboc
2nd Runner Up – (PUP) Luis Gomez & Ces Mallari
3rd Runner Up – (BSU) Del Isidoro & Abel Surio
Champions – (CSB) Ayds Dela Cruz & Ginger Lim
1st Runner Up – (UNP) Paul Shepard Amor & Cherry-lyn Custodio
2nd Runner Up – (Mapua) ALison Abayan & Fenella Binag
3rd Runner Up – (PSBA) Jerwin Sia & Grace Andres
Overall Champion: MAPUA
Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to all our participants!
Thanks to the volunteers who made this event successful…
Special thanks to our sponsors from SP-Rochelle-OCULUS (Authorized representative of AIA Singapore) and Mr. Rance Rojas from Century Properties.
Photos of the event can be found in this link post…
The rest of 100+ photos can found at the Flickr Album link here…
#mitsamasg (late post: 2017.05.20)
The Philippine Embassy hosted the 3rd Filipino Community (FilCom) Meeting on 20th of May 2017 with the usual sponsored Kapihan sa Embassy and the Lunch packs. Here are some of the updates in brief:
- Our Philippine passport is being reviewed by the government to change its validity from the current 5 years to 10 years. It will be valid for those 18 years old and above while below that, it will remain as 5 years valid.
- Registration for the Overseas Absentee Voting is on-going in the Embassy. They have also started accepting applicants during the FilCom meeting and the PAOS events.
- Singapore is the Philippine’s 5th global trading partner, whereas in ASEAN, it is its 1st trading partner.
- The DTI provides assistance to Filipino entrepreneurs in the Philippines thru its various Negosyo Centers located in every region.
- Updates from ATN (Assistance to Nationals)
- High occurrence of theft cases and outrage of modesty cases
- False declaration in the embarkation forms as well as falsification of documents
- Be aware of people who might be suffering from mental health due to stress, etc.
- OFW Bank and ID still under review.
- OEC issuance for direct hired Filipinos in SG is again allowed. Direct hiring is also allowed as long as the company is only hiring up to 5 new employees otherwise they have to go through an agency.
- OWWA Update:
- NRCO benefit or livelihood starter kit from Php20k can be requested upon application at the nearest regional OWWA office.
- Scholarship program EDSP is now increased to 1000 qualified scholars with up to Php60k financial assistance per student per year.
- SSS Update:
- 2017 is the 60th anniversary of SSS
- Consider the SSS flexi fund program for additional returns
- Capture of UMID picture is done only from Mon-Weds and Sat-Sun.
- The PIDC committee is inviting everyone to attend the event on 18th June from 0900-1830h at the SCAPE #2 Orchard Link 237978
- Theme: (SG) Ikaw@Ako, Tungo sa Tunay na Pagbabago.
- Theme: (PH) Pagbabagong Sama-Sama Balikatin
- Like and share their FB page: Pagdiriwang 2017